Today 25th of March is fun day for Waffle lovers as it is the International day of Waffles. A holiday that is best celebrated by eating waffles is our kind of holiday. Here we are going to look into some titles: History of Waffle, how to Celebrate this Fun Holiday, what are 20 types of wonderful Waffles you want to try once at least and last not least Recipe of Classic Waffle. Moreover, the ingredients of the delicious waffle recipe are available at our Indian supermarket Zurich/ Indian supermarket/ Indian shop Geneva.
History of Waffle
International Waffle Day is observed around the world but is most prominently celebrated in Sweden, the country where it started and where it is simply known as Waffle Day in 1600. It takes place on the same day as the Feast of Annunciation, a holiday that celebrates Jesus’ conception, which occurs nine months before Christmas.
As time passed a wider variety of waffles emerged. They became sweeter in the 1700s after more butter and sugar were added to the recipes. In 1839, the Belgian waffle was created much thicker than regular waffles and with deeper grids. The Belgian variation was more filling and held more jam and cream too.
International Waffle Day itself is the result of a mispronunciation that brought two holidays together. In Sweden, this Waffle Day is known as Våffeldagen, which sounded a lot like Vårfrudagen (Our Lady Day), a day that celebrated the Virgin Mary’s conception. Because of this lingual connection, it became customary for Swedish families to celebrate Vårfrudagen with waffles on Our Lady Day. That’s how International Waffle Day ended up being celebrated on March 25.
How to Celebrate International Day for Waffles
International Waffle Day is a worldwide sensation where people make or eat waffles and share their love on social media.
- With waffles! Make them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Experiment with toppings – make savory waffles instead of sweet waffles. Try the American soul food version of fried chicken and waffles.
- Have a waffle party and have your family and friends bring their most innovative waffle dish.
20 different kinds of Waffles you should try
A healthy breakfast can come in all different shapes, sizes and flavors – from scrambled egg whites with vegetables to whole grain pancakes with a smear of peanut butter. Yes, also waffles can make a healthy breakfast when you build them up with high quality ingredients for nutrition and all around deliciousness.
Let us see the 20 types of wonderful waffles,
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Grill Pan Waffles
- No-Fail Waffles
- S’Mores Waffles
- Waffles Eggs Benedict
- Chocolate Stout Waffle Sundae
- Grilled Cheese Waffle-Wich Sliders
- Banana Bread Waffles
- Liege Belgian Waffles
- Coconut-Raspberry Waffles
- Cake Mix Waffles
- Strawberry Muffles
- Whole Wheat Yeast Waffles
- Vanilla Cake Waffles with Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce
- Red Velvet Waffles
- Monte Cristo Waffle-Wiches
- Sweet Potato Waffles
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches
- Whole Wheat Yeast Waffles
- Freezer Waffles
Recipe of Classic Waffle
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- Baking Powder – 4 Teaspoon
- White Sugar – 2 Teaspoon
- Egg – 2 Medium size
- Warm Milk – 1 & ½ Cup
- Melted Butter – 1/3 cup
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together and set aside. Pre-heat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 2 eggs. then, Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. After that, Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a pre-heated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Finally, Serve immediately.
379 calories – protein 10.2g; carbohydrates 47.6g; fat 16.2g; cholesterol 112.8mg; sodium 899.1mg.
A lovely, crispy waffle perfect for the morning of this big day. To Make it more delicious buy all grocery from our tapioca hidratada/ Indian grocery Switzerland/ buy Indian grocery online/ gari du togo.